Welcome you have reached Karene's blog ALLABOUTUNOW






Hundreds of people have had great success loosing and maintaining their weight by transitioning their lifestyle with Market America's "Transitions Lifestyle System" and now you can see how I am transforming my life day by day and follow in my footsteps. Don't wait any longer!

Now is the time to make a difference in you life and Transitions Lifestyle Systems from Market America can help you with this goal. Weather you need to lose10 lbs or 150 lbs or you just want to live a healthier lifestyle, join me, Karene, and others for 12 weeks in transforming our eating and exercise lifestyle. You will have the support and resources you need on a daily basis. You will have access to healthy recipes (no more meals in a box unless you are on the go), supplements to maximize your success, educational support from nutritionist and nurse, group support, DVDs and much, much more. For more information, life experiences and the science behind Transitions Lifestyle System, Visit my web Portal, http://www.marketamerica.com/allaboutunow
Sign in as a new customer (for free, you are not obligated to buy anything) so you can lean more about how to become a healthier, happier new you without gaining all your weight back. This is not a crash diet this is leaning a new lifestyle, cleansing your body of bad eating habits so you can enjoy the good foods in life. You do not have to give up you favorite foods for life you will learn how to eat them in moderations




Make 2010 the year to start a new and healthier you!
(you can start this transitions program anytime, pick a date today and stick with it)

On this blog we can share recipes, our exercise routine, our feelings and journal our success. With group support you will not give up, we will be here for each other. What are you waiting for? Lets get started!

If you have any medical conditions, be sure to consult your physician. The web portalhttp://www.marketamerica.com/allaboutunow has all the ingredients and science for transition supplements for you to share with your physician.

Getting Started

Things you should have for the fist week: Journal, List of low, med, and hi glycemic foods. Take beginning pictures front side and back view. I suggest taking the pictures in the swimsuit, or favorite outfit, that you want to fit into at the end of the 12 weeks that way you can really see the results of your hard work. Take measurements of: neck, chest, waist, belly, hips, thigh, calf, and bicep. And of course your weight. Keep all this in your journal. I highly suggest purchasing the Transitions Lifestyle system starter kit for $99.95+sh (available on my web portal,http://www.marketamerica.com/allaboutunow) because it has a daily journal(more than just a journal it includes meal plans, Low glycemic food list, exercise programs, health information, grocery list, much more), CD for support, Fat Conversion Inhibitor, Carbohydrate Absorption inhibitor and DVD Series see web port for more details,http://www.marketamerica.com/allaboutunow) You can purchase these item individually as well.


The first week is a detoxification week. It will be tough and you will need daily support so I am here for you. I need to loose 30lbs. We are all in this together. There are two ways to do the detoxification week. The first way, which I think will be the hardest, but most successful, my sister-in-law and I are going to do, it is as follows:

For first 7 days eat only vegetables, herbal tea, no more than 3 servings of fruit(each day) and 64 oz of water a day. If possible have a glass of warm lemon water before breakfast this will help you gallbladder work more efficiently. The gallbladder is responsible for fat digestion. This detoxification is to cleanse your pallet and prepare your body to desire healthy foods.

2nd way: Purchase the NutriClean 7-Day cleansing and Detoxification System (available on my web portal, http://www.marketamerica.com/allaboutunow) and follow the directions and meal plan.

During this week you want to be relaxed. Take hot baths, treat yourself to a spa day and rest as much as you can. This week is the week you don’t have to do a lot of exercises. You are cleansing the inside and you will be a little tired the first couple of days. So enjoy it because it will be a whole new story next week.


Some things to start thinking about for week 2: Make a menu using the Low and Med glycemic foods. Plan an exercise routine. I suggest everyone post their exercise routine to help one another with ideas to keep exercise fun not mundane. Here are some things I am going to start with. 30 min of pilates routine daily. It will strengthen and tone your muscles. It is easy on the body. (I have a lot of back pain and pilates is the only exercise that relieves my pain and allows me to walk and climb stairs)You can do it anywhere anytime. I will also try to walk 2 miles at least 3 times a week. If I can’t walk because of weather then when I am talking on the phone I will walk around the house several times, (you would be amazed how far you walk if you walk while on the phone). One of my favorite thing to do is to pick 8 fun songs (no more than 3.5 minutes long) and take light weights(you can work your way to heavier, if you have never done this you might want to start with just 1lb to see how you do) for each song I will do a body muscle. (you can look up routines on line for proper techniques. For example; I will do different bicep curls for the length of one song then stretch and go onto the next muscle) My routine usually starts off with a warm up song where I will do a couple of reps of each muscle part and repeat for the length of the song. I like to start with bicep curls, than squats/lunges, shoulders, back, chest, triceps and final abs. You get an aerobic work out and you make it fun because it is music you like. Gotta love the ipod.

Be sure to lean the proper techniques when lifting so you don’t injure yourself. The Internet has many great videos that will show you the proper techniques in lifting weights. Also check with your doctor when trying a new exercise program.

Well this should get us started! If you have any questions, Just ask and I will do my best to answer them.

For more information and videos on Transitions lifestyle System be sure to visithttp://www.marketamerica.com/allaboutunow at the top of web portal click on MA TV and type in “transitions” for videos and life experiences.

I hope many of you will join my sister-in-law and I in transforming our lifestyle and body to a healthier, more energetic person.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

week 2 maintaining good results


For my Transitions folks here is the new agenda for the next 5 weeks:

This week you may add 3 servings(4-6 oz= 1 serving) of protein a day to your diet(lean meat like fish, turkey, chicken breast, low fat yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, low fat milk/skim milk, low fat cheeses and beans). You will lower your fruit serving to 2 servings a day.

NO GRAINS TILL WEEK 6(this includes corn, bread of any kind, pasta of any kind, rice of any kind, oats of any kind etc.)

MUST ADD EXERCISE 3-4 TIMES A WEEK!! this is a must. You want to turn that fat into muscle and the only way to do that is by exercise.
some simple ways to add exercise to your routine:
Walk around the house while talking on the phone. Dance for 15-30 min to your favorite songs(you can do this while doing your chores like mopping, sweeping, dusting, and vacuuming evan cooking), take 10-15 min walk before eating meals(that would be 45 min of exercise if you did this 3 times a day, it all adds up), get some light weights and do 15 min of body toning a day(I will pick 3 songs and do 3 muscle(like biceps,chest,legs) I will do my legs for one song, arms for one song etc.) or every other day. I also try to do pilates 15-30 mins 4 times a day. For more information on my exercise routine give me a call 410-632-2190.

Do not weigh yourself during the week because you will probably gain some weight back when you exercise, remember muscle weighs more than fat. You will see more of a loss in your inches so be patient and wait till next Sat for your weigh in.

One more thing. I will be e-mailing you my log from my blog. I am only 2 lbs from my goal so I am on a different week than you are and I don't want to tempt you. I will be sharing what I ate and did on your week.

Be sure to have a daily goal and continue to log what you eat and do each day.
Continue your jouney one day at a time and minus 1 lb at a time.:-)

Many of you are having difficulty making meals for your families and filling you up. My blog has excellent soup ideas that my family loved and enjoys. 
here are some great Fall meal suggestions that will fill you up.
1. Homemade chile-can make it in advance 
2. Homemade turkey or chicken vegetable soup(you can add rice or noodles for your family but set aside some without for you.
3. Grilled shrimp and vegetables
4. grilled london broil and vegetables(you can add roasted red potatoes for you family or rice but you should try and avoid them for the next couple of weeks.
5. Grilled or baked salmon, tuna or any other kind of lean fish.
6. Tuna or salmon salad sandwiches(use very little and light mayo for you add a little more for family


The products I took on a daily basis was OPC Beauty blend, OPC multi vitamin without iron
Products I took occasionally FCI, and CAI I used these when I knew if I was going to have a lot of carbs in my meal or a lot of fats(like french fries and pizza)

DAY 8
hought for the week: "...Stop being anxious abut your souls as to what you will eat or what you will drink..." Mat 6:25

With so many choices of foods to eat in the GI index eating healthy can only be an adventure.

Before breakfast:lemon water, OPC3, 1 CAI(carbohydrate absorption inhibitor available on my web portal marketamerica.com/allaboutunow), 2 FCI(fat conversion inhibitor)
8:00 breakfast: mexican egg white patty(see recipe page)
12:00 lunch: left over salad, 2 slice of low fat turkey bacon, 1 CAI, 2 FCI
2:00 snack: 1/2 transitions chocolate chip bar(2.12 oz bar 5g fat 5g sugar 17g protein 30 carb to purchase see web portal;http://marketamerica.com/allaboutunow ;) and 3 asparagus, 3 slices of red pepper, 3 summer squash slices
5:30 Dinner: 3 0z of boneless skinless chicken breast and 1/2 C sautéed vegetables(see recipe page) and a bowl of fresh cut pineapple.

liquid intake 68 oz of water

Exercise: 20 mins of pilates(concentrated on the abs), 40 mins on body toning with music and 5 lbs weights(see blog allaboutunow page)I also did a lot of walking and talking on the phone about 1hr today.

I have too much energy so I did not take the CAI and FCI at dinner time. I think I will take only 1 CAI and 1 FCI in the morning and see how I feel. I will add more as needed. Everybody will react a little different when taking supplements. It is better to take less and gradually add more.

DAY 9
what I ate today was warm lemon water, coffee, 1C yogurt with 2 diced strawberries and 10 walnuts, 4 chicken tenders from Hardes, very large salad(about 6 C)--40 min bike ride and 20 min pilates

DAY10



what I ate:Day 3: scrambled eggs with onions and jalepenos and cheese, salad with strawberries, walnuts, baby spinach herbs, summer squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow peppers, apple, 1C mixed nuts and Transitions chile meal with 1 slice of pepper-jack cheese) Day 4: yogurt with strawberries and walnuts, leftover salad, grilled steak (split a T-bone with my son about 3 Oz), 1C mixed nuts.




How did everyone do Today? I was able to accomplish my goal of riding my bike and pilates. What goal did you accomplish today?
I said no to pancakes which I made for my family. What did you say no to today?
How is everyone feeling today? I have a lot more energy.
***For tomorrow be sure to make yourself a daily goal, drink water, eat often, read handouts, log in your daily journal and add some kind of exercise to your day. 

DAY11



How is everyone doing today? I talked to a couple of you on the phone and I am glad  you are being strong and determined to change your lifestyle. I have noticed those who have been journalling are doing quite well with the  program! keep up the good work. Continue to make daily goals and write in your journal. How is everyone doing with adding exercise to your daily routine? If for some reason you are unable to get a 20 min walk in try calling some friends or family  on the phone and walk while talking to them.
Try doing 15 min of stretches before going to bed this will help strengthen and tone your muscles. Or do them when you wake up.  If you need suggestions give me a call and I will try to suggest exercises that will help you and your circumstances. I am full of ideas and willing to share them with you.

My goals for the past 2 days were to exercise and eat more vegetables.

I was able to get a 40 mins, body toning and 15 min pilates. I also eat salad for lunch and dinner. I also added onions and peppers to my scrambled eggs.

DAY12







I ate yogurt with blueberries and walnuts, warm lemon water, herbal green tea, home made chile, 1 C good health energy mix(snacks), 1 C Chinese food(some kind of chicken, celery, carrots and peanuts), 6 oreo cookies:-( (couldn't just eat 2 for some reason) apple.
cleaned house for 6 hrs(bombed house for fleas and had to sweep, vacuum, dust steam clean all floors(only got the down stairs done), wipe down and wash all bedding, vacuum beds. It is a nightmare.( I drank lots and lots of water did keep count.
DAY13



my goal is to go for a walk on this beautiful day. Eat my salad before it goes bad. Not to eat my son's oreo cookies. 




I made an awesome stir fry
Cut chicken breast up and marinade it with 1 T soy sauce, !t sesame seeds, fresh ginger and minced garlic. Sauteed sliced, red onion,  yellow peppers, asparagus, and summer squash. Added the chicken and oh did it smell and taste delicious!
I ate left over salad for lunch and cheese omelet with home made salsa for breakfast, 1 lg glass of dark chocolate almond milk.
I also did 30 min of body toning and 20 min walk. 

DAY14



Had a awesome day! Giggles and I met up with Wonderwoman in Cambridge to do some site seeing to celebrate our weight  loss success.Giggles has lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks, her blood sugar levels have gone down to normal:-).  Wonderwoman has loss 11 lbs and 13.5 inches,:-)Sunshine lost 11.5 inches and 10.4lbs:-) and  I gained 2lbs:-( but I lost 4 inches:-). Still waiting to hear from everyone else. Don't just love these result!! Little red dress here we come!!
Look what you have accomplished in 2 weeks just think what your are going to accomplish in 4 weeks, 8 week and 12 week!!!!!  Way to go Ladies!!!
Oct 16
weight 134.2
n: 12.5
UC: 35.25
MC: 37.25
W: 29.5
B:  34
H: 37.75
T: 21.75
C:14
B: 10.5
BF:  11.5

Went out to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner and ate the grilled salmon with gilled asparagus,grilled gn beans, and spinach Artichoke sauce, 1 biscuit. also had chicken tenders and cucumber onion salad at German festival, apple and 1 C almond granola energy mix (soy nuts, walnuts, raisins, craisins,)

Hello everyone,



Here some things to think about for week 3. If you want quicker results and can afford supplements here is my suggestion.

1.  Transitions Fat Conversion Inhibitor: inhibits the conversion of sugars into fat in the body, may promote a feeling of fullness, promotes healthy serotonin levels

2. Transitions Carbohydrate Absorption Inhibitor(for those who are addicted to carbs): helps inhibit carbohydrate absorption, reduces the effects of high-GI foods on blood sugar levels, promotes weight loss

3.  Transition CLA(for those who want to increase muscle mass and decrease their body fat): Promotes lean muscle mass, targets stubborn belly fat, helps reduce overall body fat, caffeine free

4.Thermochrome- Ephedra Free(great for those who have difficulty losing weight no matter how hard you try) Promotes thermogenesis, helps burn fat, increases energy enhances metabolism.

5.  Transitions Anti-stress Formula(for those who turn to food when under stress): helps the body adapt to stress naturally, helps stabilize mood, helps maintain normal stress-hormone levels

6.  Transitions Thyroid Support(for those whose thyroid gland are slowing down): promotes lipolysis and thermogenesis, helps maintain normal levels of thyroid hormones, promotes optimal body composition, provides metabolic support helps enhance and stabilize mood

** I used Transitions Fat Conversion Inhibitor and Transitions Carbohydrate Absorption Inhibitor for the 12 weeks. I still use them when i indulge in carbs or fats.I strongly believe they have helped me maintain my weight loss and stability.

** I just ordered Transition CLA. I am hoping it will help with muscle mass and get rid of my belly fat.

For more information on these products visit my web portal and click on the item or type it the the search bar. All ingredients and science are available for you.
The attachments were forwarded to me from a certified Transitions coach, please take the time to read them. 

** Don't forget to weigh yourself on Sat and take new measurements and send them to me.

Be sure to visit my blog for great recipes. Please share your recipes with us.


No comments: